Monday, March 26, 2012

A Place To Rest My Head

Trying to find a place to rent for less than 3 months was proving to be difficult. With the help of our realtor we were able to find someone who was needing out of their lease at precisely the same time we need one, for exactly the amount of time we need. Another miracle from heaven in my book.

We went to look at the house/apartment and it will work. I have always wanted to live in an old house, and this fits the bill. It is 100 years old. It is an old Victorian home that has been turned in to 4 apartments. A main apartment on the lower lever, two apartments on the second, and one on the third.

The apartment that is available happens to be the main floor, thank heavens. It is really a 2 bedroom apartment but the rooms are large with closets and we aren't going to be unpacking much. It is going to be a little tight for our family of 6, but you do what you have to do!

It is near friends of ours and a popular walking/biking trail so I have a feeling we won't be spending much time actually in the unit... but maybe we will. I told my DrH that this place is exactly what I would have loved to have had for 6 years, provided it had 3 bedrooms. Who knew places like this even existed? Oh, yeah, we would have had we not been so set on buying. Now we know!

But the BEST part is the coin operated washing machine and dryer in the basement that is shared by all four units. I am going to have to load up on rolls of quarters and start baking cookies for my neighbors. We generate a lot of laundry around here!

I can't tell you how good it feels just thinking about NOT being responsible for maintaining a home. I am looking forward to renting - what a relief to not be the owner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, don't be shy. If you are visiting this blog for the first time leave me a note to introduce yourself.