I completely forgot about Monday Listicles. Not that I was ever a regular participator, but I always enjoyed reading the topics. Since I remembered, and the topic is something that inspires me, I am playing along. Now if I remember to link up (since I am writing this on the weekend) is yet to be seen.
If this sounds like something your would like to do, head on over to northwestmommy and link up. They have a new list every week. It's pure, clean fun.
10 tiny (or secret) things that bring you joy.
- watching my 20 month old little girl run - a pure delight
- the feeling you get when getting into a car that has been sitting in direct sunlight - feels like warm blankets out of the dryer (I like that too)
- the smell of anything sweet being baked
- the sound of silence
- reading in bed (my husband says it is bad sleep hygiene but I don't care)
- new office supplies
- my children giggling in the backyard
- an organized pantry
- peeling off my nail polish (which is why my nails are rarely painted - one chip/lift and I can't stop myself)
- the smell of my husband - not his cologne, just him
The exercise of thinking and writing about the little things that bring me joy has lifted my mood immensely and makes me feel good all over. Not a bad way to start a new week and celebrate another month half over. I think taking a cue from Monday Listicles was a good choice today. Happy Mondays!