Friday, February 22, 2013

You Are So Grounded!

Consider this official notice: I have been grounded. I earned it. I am getting what I deserve. I should have done it a long time ago.

I can't seem to get my act together. My house is a mess. The taxes are still not done. I am daydreaming instead of working. My checkbook hasn't been balanced in over a month. My desk is a mess. Things are not in order.

So I have decided to exercise extreme disciple and ground myself. There will be no more blogging, no more social networking, no more words with friends, no texting (unless it is with the hubby), no more mindless YouTube videos, no more TV (I finally watched Downton and I am so mad), no more reading books snuggled up in bed during the middle of the day, no more eating girl scout cookies (curse them), no more pajamas in the afternoon!

Time to get serious. I have a lot of important things to do and posses absolutely no sense of self-control or moderation. It is all or nothing with me. I have tried the all, and nothing is getting done. Now to try the nothing, and see if I can't get something done. And by nothing, I mean nothing fun: grounded.

The terms of my grounding will be revisited at such time as I am able to demonstrate that I am able to take care of the most pressing matters of life first. I always tell my kids "first things first" but have been a poor example. Time to practice some of my own advice.

Goodbye. I will miss you. Hopefully I won't be gone long. Have a great weekend, and the next one after that, and maybe the next one, too. Just in case.

Don't forget another fabulous installment of Medical Mondays is just around the corner on Monday March 4th! That should give me some incentive to get my act together - because I'm not missing that :-)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. If you miss Medical Mondays on the 4th, you're going to be sooo grounded!!! :-) Happy being productive to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't buy Thin Mints last year or this year. If you ask me, we deserve an award! See you when you resurface on Med Monday. Can't wait to hear what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, don't be shy. If you are visiting this blog for the first time leave me a note to introduce yourself.