Monday, July 29, 2013

Off To Work He Goes!

So today is the day the doctor has spent the last ump-teen years preparing for! I know he is excited, just not excited enough to fill out the w-4, benefits elections, and provider enrollments.... hope that doesn't delay the day I have been waiting for:-) He purchased a new business bag that looks less like a college student and more like a respectable professional. Fresh hair cut, and a clean shave... he is ready to go! In truth, I am a little giddy waiting to hear how it is going. But seeing as he has only been there for 45 minutes it is premature to expect any news.

They are very nice and giving him a week to warm up before he takes call. Truth be told that is really what I am anxious about. How is call going to work? Will he be as busy as he was before? Will he ever be home? Should I start looking for a sofa sleeper for his office? Still too many unknowns for my liking. Sure, they told him what to expect but can you ever trust someones experiences and opinions on something that has such an impact? I don't.

After having a month of his presence in our family, it's strange to find him not here anymore. We have been plenty busy so it's not like I was used to having him around the house, I was just used to having him around me. It's a little lonely taking care of the kids by myself.

I am looking forward to getting a new routine established. We have been in and out all month long and haven't been in any one place for longer than 5 days at a time. I am looking forward to discovering what normal means in our new surroundings.

What's on the agenda for today while he is off "practicing" his skills?

Locate source of ant infiltration
Benefits enrollment
Loads of vacation laundry
Get kids back on schedule
Make doctors appts
Transfer prescriptions
Clean out email inbox
Read blogs!

And last, but not least, contain excitement for Medical Mondays next week. It's the 1 year anniversary of Medical Mondays and we are hosting a giveaway to celebrate and thank you for your continued support and participation. Monday August 5th is going to be a great day - join us!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hope hubby's first day goes well!

    I am sure you are eager to get back to a regular "routine" though. Congratulations on getting to where you are with your sanity:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although we are leaving the hubby in Detroit to do some rotations - I have a very similar list to yours for us on arrival in Denver. Congrats on being able to get settled and back to "normal" whatever that may be. I know one day we will reach that point.
    Chey xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very exciting! Yay for the first day! You made it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, don't be shy. If you are visiting this blog for the first time leave me a note to introduce yourself.