Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

I am beginning to think that DrH and I are the most practical and unromantic couple when it comes to buying gifts for each other.  I am sure my DrH wishes I were less practical and more whatever the opposite of practical is. He also wishes I liked Victoria Secret more than I do, but how many ??? does a girl need - and they don't even carry my size.

His present I am very excited about. He is obsessed with swimming, biking, and running - otherwise known as triathlon. He has competed in 3 small triathlons and recently purchased a nice bag for his training and to use in the transition area. So I found a very manly and very compact sport towel like the ones the Olympic swimmers use to dry off. A regular towel is very cumbersome and takes up a lot of room in a bag, but this towel rolls up small and comes in it's own travel pouch. I hope he is as excited as I am about it.

I would much rather have something that I can use and enjoy every day than something that smells good or tastes good. Anybody can by flowers and chocolate on Valentine's Day, it doesn't take much thought at all. I love getting kitchen gadgets, small appliances, or even some of the As Seen On TV things. Some of my favorite gifts from the past include: the Pedi-Egg, digital kitchen thermometer, Turbi-Towel (for your hair), non-drug store mascara, book light. It doesn't take much to get me excited! But these gifts show that he pays attention and thinks about what I might like.

Another example of our super practical very romantic gift giving: for Valentine's Day DrH wants to upgrade my iPhone to the latest model which I am very happy about. I love my phone and use it to manage just about everything. We both got our first iPhones for our wedding anniversary a couple of years ago. But we are going to hold off buying it until next week when all of DrH Best Buy Reward Points are available from our refrigerator purchase and Xbox purchase at Christmas. Waiting will make my gift virtually free and there is nothing more romantic than FREE in my opinion.

I hope you all have a very happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, don't be shy. If you are visiting this blog for the first time leave me a note to introduce yourself.