Friday, September 30, 2011

Resolved

All is well. The waters have calmed. We are speaking. I realize I may have been a little quick to anger and I apologized. We talked about his commitment to work and to our family. I am happy with the way things have turned out.

DrH is taking 5 days off to stay home with our children. After these arrangements were solidified the funeral was moved to Saturday. I was going to book my airline tickets for Friday night and return home on Monday evening. He would only need to miss one day of work. But since he had already gone through all the trouble we decided that I would spend a week away. Rather, he insisted.

It's not a vacation, but it is something. Spending a week with my family (and little baby) will be a nice break, and he'll get a chance to see what it's like to be engaged 24/7 with his children.

I leave Monday so this is probably my last post for a week or more. I'm sure I'll have all sorts of tales to tell when I return.

2 comments:

  1. Annnnnd I swear I posted a comment on this thread and didn't...
    I am SO glad that your hubby stepped up to the plate. Sometimes it just takes a few minutes away from the heated insanity and talk it all through when you're feeling a little less CRAZY!
    I hope you have a week that will give you some downtime. Some time to just breathe.
    Thinking of you - and the offer stands, anything you need that I can help with please let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to leave a little note to let you know that I'm thinking of you today and hope that your visit is going alright (as best it can.)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, don't be shy. If you are visiting this blog for the first time leave me a note to introduce yourself.