Monday, August 22, 2011

Bored

I am bored. It's 9:30 p.m. the kids are all sleeping, the doctor is doing that doctor thing he does at the hospital going on 16 hours now, and I'm bored. I don't have anything to say or write about in particular. Boredom is awful, especially when you have things you should be doing - like that pile of laundry sitting on the couch waiting to be folded, or the last of the dishes in the sink (remember I hate washing dishes by hand, so they will probably sit there until I can fit them in the dishwasher tomorrow), or the recycling I need to take to the garage, or the bookcases that need dusting, the basement that needs toys picked up. Oh, it hurts to much to think about how much needs to be done. I don't want to do any of it.

Technically I could just go to bed. The hour is right for it, but I'm not up to doing that either. I've already checked my email, Facebook, eBay, my favorite blogs, the weather - the usual suspects. Boredom is awful. I think this is the part of being married to a resident that is so difficult. I'd really just like to have a few minutes to talk to my husband. Not because I have anything earth shattering to say, as you've already discovered, but because it doesn't seem like a real day when I haven't seen him.

Some days I miss him more than others. Tonight I miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, don't be shy. If you are visiting this blog for the first time leave me a note to introduce yourself.