Tuesday, May 29, 2012

From My Inbox

Occasionally things are delivered to my inbox that make me go "huh". This was one of them.
___________________

Hey There!


I wanted to send you some information on a television show I am working on. We are looking for wives of in demand doctors who live on Long Island or female doctors. 


They way that docu-series casting works, is we start by emailing the casting information to anyone we know who is a doctors wife OR that may know doctors wives or ways to contact them (work/personal email blasts etc). 


It would be fantastic if you were interested in this opportunity, if not I encourage you to PLEASE pass this information on to as many people as possible so word gets around about the casting. From there we interview the potential talent for the show and create our fabulous cast!


Some more information about the show:


This is a new docu-series that will follow the fabulous lives of an elite group of women from Long Island.


The series will focus on women whose lives are connected to the MEDICAL industry. We are currently casting women between the ages of 35 and 55 who are either in the medical field or married to someone who is! (Pediatricians, Plastic Surgeons, Cardiologists, Vets etc)


If you or your spouse is an in-demand doctor or surgeon who is balancing a thriving career, a family, and a glamorous society lifestyle, we want to hear from you!


This is a unique and selective casting opportunity. For more information please contact me at:  BrendonRatnerCasting@gmail.com


__________________________

This email was received months ago so I don't know if they are still looking:-) Sounds an awful lot like one of the many Housewives of XYZ shows that are so popular now.  Maybe one day instead of reading blogs about the lives of doctors wives we will be watching them. 

2 comments:

  1. HA!

    "If you or your spouse is an in-demand doctor or surgeon who is balancing a thriving career, a family, and a glamorous society lifestyle, we want to hear from you!"

    I wish them good luck with "and a glamorous society lifestyle"

    Are you living a glamorous lifestyle? I know I'm not. In fact, I just recently had a discussion with a cardio's wife who just said, "Everyone thinks I live this glamorous life....and it's not! It's really not!"

    You'll be reading more about that conversation later this week... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great laugh too! I don't know why I didn't share this sooner, I figured maybe one of my other medical wife blog friends would have received it and exploited it earlier!

      Can you believe that... I think they are looking in the wrong field. They may want to try investment banking, or hedge fund managers, or anyone else. I don't know of too many doctors that have it all - particularly the glamorous society life. I know we don't want that part.... that's not us.

      Apparently the producers haven't actually meet one of these mythical women, they just believe they exist somewhere.... like Big Foot or Aliens. I probably should have responded to their request with a suggestion for a revision of the docu-series geared toward something more realistic and less wishful.

      Delete

Comments are fun, don't be shy. If you are visiting this blog for the first time leave me a note to introduce yourself.