Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Delivery Boy

This is totally random, but it struck me as profound when I realized it.

My DrH and I were sitting on the couch watching the comedian Jim Gaffigan on Netflix. He is seriously funny, and his humor isn't raunchy. I don't like raunchy. He does talk an awful lot about food so I immediately feel a connection with him.

Jim (my funny friend who likes to talk about food) was doing a bit on how people order food from their favorite place and have it delivered, but how good can it be if we are too lazy to go get it ourselves ...yadda, yadda. It was funny, I am not funny - go check him out.

I looked at my husband and asked very seriously if we had ever ordered food and had it delivered. The answer was NO. I am in awe that in 8 years we have never, ever, had food delivered to us. Not a pizza, not Chinese, nothing. We do eat out, but we go pick it up. We have never even had a discussion contemplating whether we should have something delivered. The thought hasn't even crossed our mind!

That is the ultimate in cheap. No tip, no delivery fee.

I am feeling like I may need to order something just to say I have! As I write that sentence I realize at the present moment that would be completely ridiculous. We have a pizza place less than a mile away.... that would be the ultimate in lazy. I'll have to wait for a time to make it really worthwhile. Who am I kidding, I probably won't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, don't be shy. If you are visiting this blog for the first time leave me a note to introduce yourself.