- I can have ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner if I want without having to share.
- The TV remote is mine. I can watch chick flicks all day/night, no sports!
- The kids are always in bed earlier when I am alone, then when he is home.
- I can wear pajamas all day and he will never be the wiser. For all he knows I got dressed today and then got ready for bed just before he came home.
- I have all day to tidy and clean the house. Not that he expects it, but I like to have something to show for my day. A small little accomplishment.
- I can spend time connecting with my friends online, playing games, words with friends, blogging, creating, online window shopping, checking email, checking... looking... searching... without feeling guilty that I am not spending time with him.
- I can stand in my closet and play dress up like I was actually going out. These clothes have to get worn sometime. Oh, the places I could go.
- I can sit in my bed and read with the lights on, without worry about disrupting his sleep.
- I can experiment with different discipline techniques on my kids without needing a second opinion or for him to "get on board".
- The online shopping purchases always arrive in time for me to hide the evidence. He wouldn't mind if he saw them ... the man is nearly perfect.
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Top Ten Things To Love About Your Man Working ALL THE TIME
Since I had my little scare last week (one of the worst days of this month) I thought I would lighten things up a bit by sharing my 10 Favorite Things about being married to a man who is seldom home during daylight hours.