Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Perks

One of the perks of being married to a doctor is that you get the inside scoop on who the best doctors are. From the moment we moved here we have made inquiries among other doctors families, nurses, and office staff. We have appreciated that insider knowledge immensely. Friday I go in for my scheduled c-section and I feel confident knowing that I have the best team and not some randomly assigned players.

When I went in for my last appointment today I asked my OB/GYN if an anesthesiologist had been assigned to my case and we talked for a moment about hospital politics, changes in the group that administers anesthesia, and such. She said she never knew who was going to be in the room until she gets there, but that I could call and request the doctor I wanted. So my doctor called the doctor and now we have the best anesthesiologist on the service, and the same one who took care of my last epidural needs.

Now if I could only select the nurses who will be assigned to me during recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, don't be shy. If you are visiting this blog for the first time leave me a note to introduce yourself.