Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Babies and Family

This probably sounds awful, but we are guaranteed visitors when we have babies. That's not exactly why we have them, but it is something to look forward to when we do. For each of our three children that will have be born during residency we have had the grandparents, both sets back to back, all to ourselves for 5-6 weeks at a time. That is heaven!

At the same time depending on the timing it makes for long periods in between visits. My husbands parents come out about every 6 months for 2 weeks. But because we were expecting their usual planned trip in the spring was postponed 3 months. But that's OK, they will be here!

We love getting to spend time with them. Our children miss being near their grandparents and aunts, uncles, cousins. It is hard when we know they are gathering for family or holiday events that we will never know. Somehow having them here with babies are born makes it all seem OK, if only for a little while. 

If we decide to have more children perhaps we'll need to plan the due date close to a major holiday like Christmas! That may be the only our children will know what a Christmas with family around is like.

So my mother flew in yesterday and since then I've been busy getting all the last minute things I need to do without bringing all the kids with me. It has been heaven, and it's only been two days.

1 comment:

  1. One of my worries (I like to worry well in advance) is that my future hypothetical child won't get to see his/her grandparents enough. Because it's VERY unlikely that we'll ever live near my parents.

    Hopefully they will travel for holidays though. Maybe they'll be retired by the time they have a grandbaby to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, don't be shy. If you are visiting this blog for the first time leave me a note to introduce yourself.