Thursday, September 20, 2012

Blank

That is what I am drawing today... a complete BLANK. Since I started eating healthier and exercising more I feel like I can hardly think about anything else. That could be a good thing. Or is my "blankness" a result of something else? Hmmm.

Since I mentioned it, I've lost 4 pounds so far. That makes me pretty happy. I did have a day last week where I fell off the wagon and ate some very bad things - and they made me feel icky, but I couldn't stop. That is how I got into trouble in the first place. Learning to stop is tricky, but I am working on it.

Kids driving me crazy after a long day? Where is the chocolate? And before you know it all the chocolate in the house is in my belly. Did it ever really make me feel better? Yes and No.

Yes, because it took the edge off while it was being devoured. No, because I always felt guilty about not treating myself better.

I will admit when I am home alone and it's been a rough day and the kids have finally been put to bed, I think about those days. The cookies, the brownies, the chocolate candy, the ice cream, oh my. I wish it were possible to taste it without swallowing. Would it be weird if I just started licking my treats? And then I immediately walk into the bathroom and brush my teeth. There is nothing I dislike more than ruining a minty fresh mouth with food.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Oh yea! That really works, the brushing your teeth thing! I have been trying to watch myself lately too. I lost about 8 lbs, but I've gained about 3 back in the last month or so. Gotta get back on the wagon. I do pretty good when I'm at home. I have the biggest problem when I'm at work (& my office is surrounded by yummy lunch eateries) & office events, like the DONUTS that will be at an event I'm working today. I just can not go without eating a free donut. I'm hoping to limit myself to 2. And they are going to be my breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it sad that one of the things I miss most about working was all the yummy food people would bring in for meetings:-) It seems wrong to turn down free food, especially when everyone around you is eating. Stay strong and good luck today.

      Delete
  2. I'm am SO struggling with this right now! Half of the clothes in my closet no longer fit. I'll have a week where I'm really good at eating healthy and exercising and then TWO weeks where I eat whatever I want and am a couch potato. Really having a hard time finding the motivation. Good for you for losing 4 pounds!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had weeks like that too! I ate only non-processed, natural source foods for an entire week and then made some Monkey Bread for my daughter (that pull apart cinnamon, butter, sugar bread in a bundt pan) and found myself unable to stop! The scale did tip in the wrong direction momentarily. I had no idea it would be this hard or that I was eating so poorly before. My sister cut out soda and in a week lost 2 lbs. I am trying to think about what goes in, and it is getting easier.

      Delete
  3. Watch some of those gross documentaries about food. They did it for us. I am only eating meat about twice a week now, the rest is fruits, veggies, beans, cheese, potatoes, eggs, pasta, etc. I am one pound under my WW goal; ten pounds away from my high school weight (which I'm not sure I really want to get to. . . that might be too thin).

    Go to the hospital and look at the plaque surgeons pull out from a carotid endarterectomy. It's gross. I look at high fat foods and see that. I think I may have some pictures on Doc H's hard drive of some. I can email them to you if you want. {Oh, the PERKS of being a surgeon's wife! LOL!}

    However, it still HAVE to eat some chocolate in the afternoon. every. single. day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 10 pounds away from H.S. weight! If I were to do that I would have to lose almost 20 pounds.... I must have been really skinny - but never thought I was. Crazy. Today at the store I bought some super healthy dark chocolate natural peanut butter so I could have a spoonful when I think I might die from not having something sweet. It is really good, and hopefully I can stick to one spoonful!

      I have seen some of the documentaries, and have one in my Netflix queue waiting for me now. Maybe I should actually watch it:-)

      Delete
    2. Seven years ago, I lost 27. I year ago I hit my 10lbs weight gain limit. Started back up and lost the 10 + 1.

      Watch the gross movies. They help.

      Need sweet? Eat chocolate NF jello pudding cups or NF jello. Or whole wheat toast with honey. Try cutting down your meat intake. Abandon ground beef. If you have to, use ground bison. It's expensive but a much healthier alternative and you, nor the kids will taste the difference. I have picky eaters and they ate it for 4 years before I confessed. Now, they ask for it.

      Delete

Comments are fun, don't be shy. If you are visiting this blog for the first time leave me a note to introduce yourself.