Thursday, September 6, 2012

Junk Food or Weight Loss

I have been debating for a while about adding some of my go-to recipes for when life gets out of control and I feel beat. I quickly realized that most of the things I go to are baked goods. Some of which I can whip up in 15 minutes from pantry to mouth (the no-bake variety when emergency calls). I am not going to even think about that right now.

Instead of adding that topic to my blog, I've opted instead to stop talking about needing to lost a few pounds and do something about it. I need to thank a few of my blog friends for their encouragement. I am thinking specifically of my new acquaintance over at Delicious Fitness. I met her at the Medical Monday's blog hop!

It is time to stop making excuses and get to work.

Last night I asked my husband to take the before pictures. I did, and I almost wish that I didn't. I half considered posting them here with my face cut out, but I am not that brave. They were worse than I expected.

I was somewhat pleased that I was able to get the bikini I wore on our honeymoon 8 years ago even on my body... that says not all is lost, right?

Really? It is a bikini which could basically fit any size person. The real test would have been a one piece. Even a one piece in the right size is hard to get on, but a size or two too small - forget about it.

I wasn't expecting what I saw. I almost cried. I had no idea I looked like that. With clothes on I feel rather fit and trim. What is under the clothes is anything but fit. In fact, it is a whole lotta flab and just a couple of donuts away from a full on muffin top spilling over. My muscle tone has completely vanished and I look old. That is what I get for not doing ANYTHING for the last 6 months.

That's right I have lived a completely sedentary lifestyle. And it only takes a few months to lose everything you had going. I miss what it used to be.

Even with that photo (front, side, and back) to encourage me I wasn't able to get up early enough this morning to exercise. I thought maybe enlisting the help of my husband would make it easier, but it isn't. He gets up at 4:30 am but I am not ready to be awake at that time. I thought maybe we could work out together, at home, before he leaves. We are both too beat. And honestly he is a push over. All I have to do is look at him with those eyes and he will stay in bed with me instead of kicking me out to get to work. He loves me just the way I am (good man).

This isn't turning into a weight loss blog. From time to time I will check back in to let you know I am still hard at work and maybe when I see some progress I will be brave enough to post my before and after photos.

Sorry if you were looking forward to my no-bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies. I was too, but not today.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Take it one day at a time. I rush into a whole new workout and nutrition plan and it will last a few weeks before I burn out. And if you can still fit in a bikini from 8 years ago that is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! I am taking it at a moderate pace - I used to love to exercise. Now it's time to fit it into my new schedule.

      Delete
  2. Oh honey. I'm in my very late 20's, and I have to say, I have never looked *spectacular* a bikini. I mean, I could have gotten away with one in my early 20's, but a sedentary lifestyle that came after college really made me be one of those Glamour "Don't!"s.

    BUT, you are doing something about it now, and that is laudable. It is soooo hard for me to try to lose weight this time of year because of my birthday and all the yummy holidays and the fact that I am obsessed with fall.

    You are lucky to have a good man, though, and I know you can accomplish any goal you set your mind to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time of year is hard. I am already finding excuses! But I will look better in a swim suit next summer:-)

      Delete
  3. Ummm... Did I ever mention I lost 27 pounds off my 5'4" (well now 5'3") frame 4 years ago? I go up and down a little, but I still have managed to keep it off. It's a lifestyle change. I found doing it little by little worked for me. I went to WW and learned a lot! The most important is not to bring it into the house. That keeps the intake down and makes it a treat. I ended up throwing tons of foods out. I won't lie...that hurt a bit. Make trade offs. Mine is I don't drink calories. I save that for my weekend cocktail. See! It's doable! :)
    So step one....throw it all out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got a mailer from WW today. I don't think I could manage classes, but maybe online. Congratulations on your weightloss, 27 pounds is huge says this shorty:-) I don't even care if the scale doesn't budge as long as it gets firm and toned. So many things are wasted on youth - wish I would have appreciated it (and took better care of it) when it was there.

      Delete
  4. Why does the US have both a huge weight loss industry and a junk food obsession at the same time? In the US junk food is so socially acceptable and people eat it all the time and there are millions of fast food places, yet at the same time there's a huge weight loss industry. The two cancel each other out. If Americans weren't so obsessed with junk food then the weight loss industry wouldn't be making billions off of millions of people.
    Thanks;
    90 Day Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, don't be shy. If you are visiting this blog for the first time leave me a note to introduce yourself.