Sunday, May 29, 2011

Thankful for Marriage

I am trying to bring to the front of my mind the many things I have to be grateful for. Sunday always seems like a good time to do that.

Today I am thankful that I am married and have a partner in life. Sure I compare being a residents wife to that of a single mother, or a deployed military spouse (which is often true). In the end I know that all of these experiences will ultimately be for our good. The lessons we are learning through this period of our life together and the sacrifices that we are jointly making will surely be invaluable tools for living the rest of our life together. Hopefully, when we look back on them we will see them in a different light than we may do now. I hope we can laugh and proclaim we survived, and maybe with a little distance recall that it wasn't that bad! Early on-set Alzheimer's might help :-)

There are still so many things we have to work on, that I need to work on. But those things aren't unique to spouses in the medical profession. Thankfully we aren't perfect and have many opportunities to do better. Have a great weekend, try to have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, don't be shy. If you are visiting this blog for the first time leave me a note to introduce yourself.