Thursday, May 26, 2011

Non-Transferable Skills

There are certain skills that a surgeon possesses in aces: dexterity, eye/hand coordination, ability to work in small spaces, precision, to name a few. Those same skills are ones I would look for in any manicurist/pedicurist. The surgeons skills, however, are non-transferable when it comes to painting toenails.

I have reached the pinnacle of pregnancy where I can no longer see or touch my toes. This makes painting my own toenails an impossibility. So I asked the dear doctor to assist. It was bad. I think I may have been able to do a better job even in my state of pregnancy. I was even so bold as to ask him (of course after I thanked him) if he did it badly so I would never ask him to do it again. Did you ever see that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where he advised his brother Robert to do a terrible job so his fiance would never ask him to do it again? I thought for sure that is what was happening.

Those skills that are so useful in the operating room have no application here at home. How is that possible? All I know is that for the next few weeks I will be getting a professional pedicure from someone who possesses the same skills as my husband, but will charge me considerably more. Or maybe I'll ask my 4 year old to give it a try and see what she comes up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, don't be shy. If you are visiting this blog for the first time leave me a note to introduce yourself.