Thursday, May 19, 2011

Keep It In Your Pants

If I hear one more story of an unfaithful man cheating on his wife I think I may scream. When I checked my email a few days ago the main page listed the days biggest headlines, one of which was of a certain California governor who had knocked up one of his house staff. I'm sure this wasn't the first time. But really, his wife is a beautiful, talented woman who gave up her career when he began his political ambitions. They have a lovely family, and all because he couldn't keep it in his pants it is over. Maybe that wasn't the only reason it is over, but I'm sure that played a huge part.

I've warned my husband that he will be castrated if he even thinks about it. I didn't marry him and endure medical school and residency thus far to have him throw a lovely life away and destroy the innocent bystanders. That and I will be helping him select his office staff :-)

I used to think that the antics portrayed on popular medical TV shows (ER, Grays Anatomy, etc) were just for the ratings. Oh, no! That stuff actually happens. Maybe not the medical mysteries they are solving, but the doctors sleeping with nurses, the nurses hitting on married men, the flirting, innuendo, and dirty jokes. I really don't know how a good, upstanding, God loving man has a chance when this stuff is going on all around him. And I don't know who to be more mad at, the nurses or the doctors. I hate knowing that I'm sending my husband to work all day with people who have no respect for monogamy, vows, and families.

My husband is a catch. I know he loves me, I know he is faithful to his vows, I know he is above the baseness of some of those he works with, that isn't a question. My big question is: when did such a noble profession (medicine) turn into such a cesspool?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, don't be shy. If you are visiting this blog for the first time leave me a note to introduce yourself.