Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I'm Not as Alone as I Once Thought

As I begin to read other blogs of doctors wives, it is readily apparent that I am not the only one struggling with this journey. In fact, I may not have it as bad as some, but on others days I would have to disagree. So where does the line between venting and offering support begin? Are we all feeding into the steam machine and not really offering outlets for productive and meaningful conversations? I am still too new to this arena, and therefore not the authority.

I am so grateful for little breaks here and there that make the journey bearable. Like a break from the torrential rain where the sun peaks out and warms your skin. I know it is going to rain again, but I am loving the sunshine. I am also grateful to know when we finish this residency we will be going somewhere. Having a destination, albeit temporary, it still knowing. And having the knowledge of where we will be going and for how long means the job search can start now and we can envision the light at the end of the tunnel. So for today I am going to enjoy the sunshine. I am going to let my skin soak up the rays and watch the clouds waltz across the blue sky. Maybe if I enjoy it enough the rain won't bother me so much when it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, don't be shy. If you are visiting this blog for the first time leave me a note to introduce yourself.